As I was talking with my other half this evening, we started discussing life and what we expect from it and our lives versus what we as a couple and as individuals have been through and how it's dictated our lives thus far.
Randomly, I found myself in a quandary: would life become a finite measurement if one was to write down the items on their bucket list?
After having lived with sickly people my whole life and knowing what an inspiration, good and bad, a person can be to others, I began my bucket list when I was very young. I always believed that having such a list allowed a person to continue on their life's quest while having a goal in the back of the mind.
This brings me back to my original quandary. If by writing such a list down, would it then create a timestamp on one's life? Or conversely, is it conducive to simply create goals for the list that are unattainable in an effort to prolong one's life? Further... once an item is checked off of the list, should more items be placed on it? If it's written down, would adding items to it be a breach of the timestamp, if the timestamp were to exist? So many profound questions and yet, to each it is an individual answer. Personally, I keep adding things on the list currently it is securely in my head. I may one day write it down, but not yet...
It is inevitable. The old adage, 'the only things in life that are guaranteed are taxes and death,' is true. We all will die, but in the meantime, what kind of fun things should be placed on the bucket list or should one make one at all?
No comments:
Post a Comment